piątek, 27 marca 2020

I miss the peace - Sielsko Anielsko

Greetings after a short break. In this post, I would like to present this year's entry to the Annual Tabletop World Painting Competition. As some of You may recall, the entries I make will form a single City board, last year I entered the "At the gates" segment, now its time for the agricultural segment. 

Witam po krótkiej przerwie. W tym wpisie chciałbym przedstawić tegoroczną pracę na konkurs Tabletop World. Jak niektórzy może pamiętają, prace które tworzę na te konkursy w końcu staną się jednym wielkim stołem z makietą miasta. W zeszłym roku była praca "U bram", w tym roku jest to segment wiejski. 



Apart from presenting my entry, I would also like to write something of a review of some products I used, especially the Tabletop World buildings. Everyone who follows what I did in the last few years knows I am a TTW fanboy. And it's not that hard to be one tbh. In this diorama, I used five buildings from the Croatian company: The Watermill, Stables, Windmill and two different cottages. I also used the river pieces that I was left with after the "at the gates" diorama. Now let me say a few words about them.

Poza samą prezentacją dioramy, chciałbym napisać kilka recenzji i przemyśleń dotyczących użytych produktów, w szczególności przemyślenia dotyczące budynków TTW. Każdy kto śledzi moją aktywność modelarską wie, że jestem fanboyem firmy TTW. I nie jest trudno nim zostać jak się zapoznamy z ich pracami. Na tej makiecie użyłem 5 ich budynków: Młyn wodny, stajnia, wiatrak i dwie różne chaty. Zużyłem również resztę segmentów ich rzeki które zostały mi z poprzedniej makiety. Teraz kilka słów o budynkach.



The Watermill, Windmill and two cottages are from the 28 mm Midgard series. The stable is a building from the new range TTW is introducing - Altburg which is heroic 32 mm scale. The difference in scale is not an issue though, as they are fully compatible. This is the second building from that range, the first one being the Merchant shop for which I am saving pocket money to buy in the future, the stables were part of a Kickstarter campaign I backed last year.  

Młyn, Wiatrak i dwa domki są z 28mm serii Midgard, natomiast stajnia z nowej linii którą wprowadza TTW - Altburg (32 mm). Różnica w skali nie jest problemem, gdyż budynki są ze sobą kompatybilne. Jest to drugi z budynków tej serii, pierwszy to dom kupca, na który choruję od jakiegoś czasu i zbieram zaskórniaki by kiedyś go nabyć. Stajnia była wypuszczona w kampanii Kickstartera w zeszłym roku. 


Now the review, although so much has been said already. There is one sentence that I repeat as mantra when it comes to TTW products, and it's really hard to come up with something more creative. There are absolutely no other terrain pieces on the market of such quality and level. There are lots of great terrain pieces on the market, including some very interesting options for 3d printing, with my favourite being the Wightwood Abbey set from Infinite Dimensions of which I used two pieces on this board - the pigsty and the beehive. But. Despite being great designs, when placed next to TTW products, you can see the massive difference in quality and detail. I am not taking anything away from IDG, as you can put them next to GW buildings or basically any other manufacturer and they will look fantastic. But Tabletop World is unique. When you hold that building and see the texture and depth of every stone, absolutely no need to repair, scrub, clean anything, the level of detail and the design. Its absolutely top-notch quality, and it's hard for me to imagine buildings of higher quality. TTW is the pinnacle of tabletop terrain quality. There is one downside. It's the price. They are expensive. But hey. You want a Maybach or Ferrari, you will not buy them cheap. 

Teraz recenzja, choć napisano o TTW już prawie wszystko i ciężko wymyśleć coś nowego i kreatywnego. Zdanie które powtarzam cały czas jak mantrę to "nie ma lepszych budynków na rynku". Jest wielu producentów fantastycznych terenów, domków, ostatnio coraz popularniejsze robią się wydruki 3d, wśród których do moich ulubionych należy zestaw klasztorny od Infinite Dimensions Games. Nie chcę umniejszać firmie IDG, bo mają fantastyczne projekty, ale gdy postawi się ich budynek obok TTW, no widać różnicę gołym okiem. Klasztor może bez problemu stać zaraz obok np. budynków GW, ale produkty TTW są unikalne. Gdy weźmie się taki budynek do ręki, zobaczy fakturę każdego kamienia, głębię tego budynku, poziom detali i wizję artystyczną projektanta a także fakt, że nic nie trzeba czyścić, nie ma nadlewek, nie ma bąbelków, no czysta perfekcja. Jest jednak jeden minus - cena. Są drogie. Ale chcesz kupić Maybacha czy Ferrari to też nie zapłacisz mało. 








So summing up the buildings, 5 TTW ones and two pieces from The Wightwood Abbey in this set. The Abbey itself will have its own segment with a few twists of my own and will be directly connected to the farm board. When it comes to the Townsfolke who reside in my city, I have to give one big shoutout. It's Evocatus Miniatures with their Goldfields line (I backed the kickstarter and had the minis printed by Grzesiek from Anvil Studios). Absolutely gorgeous medieval themed miniatures. I have a lot more to paint and use on future projects, but I simply adore their style. 

Podsumowując, użyłem 5 budynków TTW i dwa wydruki z zestawu Klasztornego. Sam klasztor będzie miał swój segment który bezpośrednio będzie się łączył z przedstawianą makietą. Gdy chodzi o mieszkańców miasta, muszę wyróżnić szczególnie firmę Evocatus Miniatures i ich modele z kickstartera Goldfields (wydrukowanych dzięki uprzejmości Grześka z Anvil Studios). Przepiękne średniowieczne modele, pasujące do każdej makiety zarówno historycznej  jak i fantasy. Mam jeszcze wiele modeli do pomalowania i użycia na kolejnych segmentach, ale uwielbiam styl i różnorodność modeli. 





I would like to give special thanks Grzesiek from Anvil Studios, who has been supporting me with 3d printing all this time, and it has been a very fruitful cooperation for both of us I should hope. 

Chciałbym bardzo podziękować Grześkowi z Anvil Studios za wsparcie w druku 3d, jest to dla mnie bardzo owocna współpraca (mam nadzieję że ze wzajemnością). 





If you like my work, please be sure to visit my profile on Instagram, where I post much more photos on a regular basis. Likes, comments and follows are much appreciated and give me a positive boost to continue. IG: @picassawi If you have any questions or just wanna chat about our hobby I am available on Instagram or messenger. 

Jeżeli podobają Ci się moje prace, zapraszam serdecznie na Instagrama, gdzie publikuję więcej fotek a każdy komentarz, polubienie i follow mobilizują do dalszej pracy. Jeżeli macie jakieś pytania, to zawsze chętnie odpowiem ale i pogadam na hobbystyczne tematy, natomiast na bloga zaglądam sporadycznie, lepiej łapać mnie na insta lub pisać na messengerze :) IG: @picassawi 

1 komentarz:

  1. Świetna praca!
    Skąd masz modele?
    I czemu kot jest niebieski?

    OdpowiedzUsuń